Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD is a board-certified cardiologist and the author of Primal Panacea and Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases, and Toxins; plus three other groundbreaking medical books. He is one of the world's leading vitamin C experts and frequently lectures to medical professionals all over the globe about the proper role of vitamin C and antioxidants in the treatment of a host of medical conditions and diseases.
Most people have too much calcium in their tissues, and the incessant trumpeting of the purported health benefits of calcium supplementation and high-dairy diets must finally be exposed as marketing ploys only.
The truth about calcium must finally be known. It is now clear that excess dietary calcium, as is realized with the routine ingestion of milk and other calcium-laden dairy foods, is also a toxic and life-shortening practice.
Some Health Risks Associated With Calcium Supplements
- Osteoporosis is a focal scurvy (severe vitamin C deficiency) of the bones.
- Women with the highest calcium consumption had a death rate two and one-half times higher than the women with lower consumption.
- Typical American diets supply enough calcium for the needs of the body when blood vitamin D levels are maintained in the proper range.
- Calcium supplementation does not decrease the chances of an osteoporotic fracture. It is a cosmetic improvement only.
- All chronic degenerative diseases feature increased levels of calcium inside the cells of the body.
- Measures that decrease further uptake of calcium inside the cells of the body substantially decrease the chances of death from all causes